An email alias is an email address created for specific purposes, such as business correspondence or newsletter subscriptions. In simple words, an email alias is a secondary email account or can also be a variation of your existing email account.
If you are starting a new business, then consider using a different email address, apart from a different email address, for composing and receiving new emails.
Suppose you have been using an SBCGlobal email account for a long time, and now you have created another email account with the SBCGlobal domain; then you can set up an email alias to receive all the emails to that account. In this article, we will briefly discuss how to create an email alias in the SBCGlobal email account.
Benefits of Using Email Alias
A couple of benefits of using an email alias are as follows;
- It prevents phishing websites/ hackers from accessing your primary/ corporate email address.
- Hackers cannot backtrack email alias. Email alias does not leave a digital footprint, as they can be easily renamed, redirected, deleted, or deactivated.
- Email alias hides the actual email address, secures the primary inbox, and protects employees’ digital identities.
- Email alias allows small businesses to build their digital presence.
That’s all with the list of possible benefits that you can avail by creating an email alias in the SBCGlobal email.
How to Create Email Alias in SBCGlobal Email?
Given below are the steps that you need to follow to create an email alias in your SBCGlobal email account;
- Firstly, run a compatible web browser on your device and log in to your SBCGlobal email account.
- Thereon, hit “Options” and select “More Options.”
- Moving ahead, click on the “Customizing SBCGlobal Email” option.
- You can also apply filters or rules to sort out new emails.
- Moving ahead, you have to select the option to automatically transfer the emails to their folders as you want to delete them.
In case if you want to reply to these emails by creating another SBCGlobal email address as an email alias apart from your primary email address, then here are the steps that you can follow to do so;
- Move toward the SBCGlobal email account settings, and there, you have to select your primary email address.
- Secondly, you have to click on the “Manage Identities” option, and select the “Add” option.
- Thereon, you must provide a name you want to connect with your Alias email ID.
- Moving ahead, enter your email address in the email ID insert field, and then you have to reply to the “Email Address.”
- After that, you have to configure other options such as encryption, messages, reply quote, etc.
- At last, once you are done with the above steps, click on the “OK” option to end the process.
With the steps mentioned above, you have successfully created an email alias in the SBCGlobal email account. You are all set to receive emails on your newly created email account.
If you need help creating an email alias in the SBCGlobal email account. In that case, you can get in touch with our SBCGlobal email experts by calling our SBCGlobal email helpline number, Our team of experts is available 24/7 to attend to your query and help you in resolving the query within no time.
Frequently Asked Question:
Using an email alias in both work and personal life can help you to keep your inbox organized systematically. You will get more security and privacy in your email account. Apart from this, you don’t have to access each mail account to check new mail.
Deleting an email alias will not delete any emails sent to the account. But, before deleting any alias, you must ensure that you have not used this alias address for deleting an alternate or recovery email address.
There is a small technical difference between the alias and email accounts. An alias account does not have a storage capacity, and it directly forwards the email to another email account without storing it.