How to Ignore Spam Emails in The SBCGlobal Email Account?
SBCGlobal email belongs to SBC Communications wherein, SBC stands for Southern Bell Corporation. Later, the company was integrated with AT&T in 2005. SBCGlobal email is one of the most popular email service providers used worldwide. Users can sign in to their SBCGlobal email account using the AT&T Login webpage. Besides, you can also access it using Yahoo’s official login page.
However, users report multi-pronged issues when using SBCGlobal email. Piling up the SBCGlobal email account with the undesired emails is also an annoying issue on the list. It can cause difficulty in differentiating the important emails from your inbox. Worry not! This friendly guide will help you in ignoring spam emails from your inbox. Let’s start!
Why It Is Important to Keep Your SBCGlobal Inbox Clean?
Email is one of the most effective ways of corporate communication and is also used for reaching out to friends or family. SBCGlobal email is a free emailing service you can access with the help of a stable Internet connection. You might receive a combination of important as well as spam messages in your email. In such a scenario, it becomes difficult to differentiate the important emails from the spam. Additionally, it also makes you prone to opening the detrimental links and downloading the malware. Ignoring these spam emails can prevent you from this vulnerability.
Procedure to Ignore Spam Emails in SBCGlobal Email Account
1: Block Spam Emails in SBCGlobal
SBCGlobal email enables you to ignore spam emails with a few simple steps. To do so, you need to log into your account in the first place. Follow the below-given steps:
Sign-In to Your Account
- Launch your default Internet browser and then go to the SBCGlobal login page or AT&T web page.
- Next, hit on the Sign-In button.
- Now enter your email and password with full attention and avoid typo errors.
- In the end, click on the Sign-In button.
If you are getting an error message that the password is incorrect, you need to click on the Forgot Password option and reset your password by following the on-screen instructions.
Steps to Block Spam Emails
Once you are signed in, performing the below-given steps can help you in blocking the undesired emails:
- From within your email account, go to the Settings button.
- Next, find Banner Addresses located on the left-hand side menu.
- Moving ahead, click Add an Address and type the address you want to block.
- Click Ban >> Save to confirm the changes you have made.
Performing these steps flawlessly, the SBCGlobal will delete the messages automatically sent from the blocked email addresses. Furthermore, you will no longer receive emails from the block email addresses in your inbox or other email folders.
2: Report A Spam in SBCGlobal Email Account
Reporting spam is one of the procedures to keep unwanted emails at bay. Below are the steps that can help you in reporting spam in your SBCGlobal email account:
- First of all, log in to your SBCGlobal email account and then checkmark the box to the left of the email in the inbox.
- Now from within the email toolbar, select Spam.
- Select the options labelled as Report Spam/Report a Hacked Account/Report a Phishing Scam.
- These steps will prevent the landing of undesired emails in your email inbox.
3: Apply SBCGlobal Email Filters
Creating a spam filter in SBCGlobal email helps users to reduce the number of unwanted emails they receive now and then. The spam filter enables you to block the messages received from the senders you don’t know. In SBCGlobal, you can utilize the filters to block the messages from a specific sender or the sender using certain words in the messages. Follow the below-given steps:
- In your account, click on the Gear icon to open Settings.
- Now select Filters and then click Add new filters.
- Moving ahead, create new filters or edit an existing one.
- Hit Save.
- Additionally, you can also use up and down arrows to manage email filters.
- If you want to delete the filters, just choose the Trash icon.
4: Configure Junk Email Settings
Sometimes, the spam links come with simple images and clicking them lead to the download of malware. This procedure will display images for spam emails coming into the inbox.
- Open your Internet browser and then open the login page of the SBCGlobal email account.
- Next, log into your account using your username and password.
- Now click the Gear icon and choose Email.
- After that, select General and then Menu located underneath Spam Protection.
- You may now create Spam Protection settings for your SBCGlobal email account.
- Finally, click Save to fix the changes you have made.
5: Block Email Addresses on SBCGlobal.net
If you want to block the email addresses on SBCGlobal, the below-given steps can help:
- Open your SBCGlobal account inbox in the first place.
- Next, click the Advanced option and then select Blocked Addresses.
- Type the email address you want to block in the specified area.
- Click Save after entering the email address.
You can perform the same procedure for the other email addresses as well.
Bonus: Reset Your Forgotten Password
In all the procedures, you will need to log into your email account. However, if you have forgotten your SBCGlobal.net password, the below-given steps can help you reset it:
- Click the password reset link in the first place to proceed further.
- Next, enter your User ID and Last name in the specified boxes.
- Once done, tick the checkbox that reads I’m not a robot.
- Hit the Continue button and you will be directed to the new window.
- In the available options, select “I’ll answer my security question”.
- Answer the security question and then press Continue.
- Once your answer is correct and it is verified, you can reset your password.
- Choose a strong password and reset the password to get into your SBCGlobal account.
In the end!
The steps discussed in this post can help you ignore spam emails in the SBCGlobal email account. Alternatively, you can contact us to get immediate assistance.
Read Also: Transfer SBCGlobal Email to Yahoo