Did your SBCGlobal email account get hacked Is someone else using your SBCGlobal email account If yes, then it’s sad that even though SBCGlobal has many security features designed to protect user data, data can sometimes fall into the wrong hands because of hacking. Hackers try to gain access to SBCGlobal, your email account for stealing your data and business information. If you see any suspicious activity like missing email or emails that you did not send, then your SBCGlobal email account might be hacked. In this situation, you should call the SBCGlobal email helpline number and get expert advice on addressing the security breach. You should look at the suggestions given below so that you can regain access to your account and secure your data.
Steps to Follow when Your SBCGlobal Email Account is Hacked or Blocked
The second you realize your email account is compromised; you should act before losing any crucial data. You can follow the suggestions given below and protect your SBCGlobal email account in the event of a security breach:
- When you notice that your account has been hacked, then you need to change your SBCGlobal password. If an unknown individual gets your password, they can access your SBCGlobal emails.
- Is your computer infected with malicious malware or virus? Yes, then it will be easier for hackers to access your SBCGlobal email account. Regularly update your antivirus software, so your system has the latest protection. The more often you scan your computer, the less chance a virus attacks your system.
- You can add new security details to improve security for your SBCGlobal email account. Updating your mobile number on your email account makes it easier for you to reset and recover your SBCGlobal email password. You should also change the account security question and update your answer as well.
- Hackers often use spam emails to hack the accounts of unsuspecting users. You should review any suspicious messages linked to your SBCGlobal account to ensure no one has inserted any spam or inappropriate content in your emails. Ask your contact to alert you if they receive any such content from your SBCGlobal email ID.
- Check your SBCGlobal display name that is the name your contact sees when you send them an email. Hackers and spammers will change your display name to experience errors every time you try to send a mail to your contact.
What Are The Symptoms of a Hacked SBCGlobal Email Account?
When your SBCGlobal email gets hacked, you can determine it with various systems that are stated in the below-given list:
- Your contacts are reporting getting spam emails from you.
- It’s been a while since you have received any email in your account.
- You are not able to log into your SBCGlobal email account.
Missing or deleted emails from your inbox.
- Unknown emails in the Sent folder that are not composed by you.
- When you are getting undelivered messages for your emails that you can’t recognize.
- You are getting a password reset email when you haven’t made such a request.
You may expect an undesired intrusion on experiencing any of the above-given symptoms. In such a case, you need to act promptly and take the necessary actions to secure your email account.
Find the Related Article: Reactivate SBCGlobal.net Account
How To Prevent Your SBCGlobal Email Account From Getting Hacked?
It is very rightly said that “Prevention is better than cure”. Keeping some important preventative care steps in your mind, you can prevent your email account from being hacked. They are mentioned below for you:
1: Set Multi-Factor Authentication To Add An Extra Layer of Security
Multi-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security. When enabled, hacking your account becomes a daunting task. It double-checks a login attempt to make sure that it is you who is trying to get into your account.
2: Choose A Strong Password, Which Is Hard To Crack
Always choose a strong password that is hard to crack by someone trying to make an undesired intrusion. An alphanumeric password, having special characters and combinations or lower and upper cases, is often considered a strong password.
3: Change Your Password On A Regular Basis
It is always a good idea to change your password for a definite period of time. It keeps the intruders at bay and keeps your account secure. If someone is somehow managed to get into your account, he will be logged out once the password is changed.
4: Avoid Using Your Social Information In Your Password
People who use their social information, such as their partner’s name, mobile number, anniversary, or others, are more prone to get their account hacked. Therefore, it is better to avoid using your social information when changing your password.
5: Don’t Log Your Account Into A Public Computer
Avoid logging into your email account on a public computer, as it is accessed by many people. Even if you are using it, don’t forget to log out. Besides, use an incognito window to enter your login credentials.
6: Don’t Rely On Anyone When It Comes To Your Email Account
You need to be very careful when entering your email login and password. Don’t rely on anyone with your account passwords. Besides, hide your password from the people staring at your device.
How to Recover Your Hacked SBCGlobal Email Account?
To recover your email account, you need to reset your accounting password. SBCGlobal email allows you to get it done in two ways. Check below:
1: Use The Alternate Email Address or Phone Number You Have Added For Recovery
SBCGlobal prompts you to add an alternate recovery email or contact number that can be used for password recovery later. To retrieve your hacked account using this method:
- Open your SBCGlobal email login page, enter your correct email ID and then click on the “Forgot password” option.
- Thereafter, you will be redirected to a new page wherein you will be given two options:
- Send me a code via recovery email.
- Send me a code via recovery phone number.
- Here, you need to choose one option and enter the relevant information (email ID or phone number).
- You will now be redirected to a page where you can reset your SBCGlobal email account.
- Change your password and revisit your login page and log into your account with the new password.
- It’s done!
2: Use The Chosen Security Question To Get Back Into Your Account
If you don’t have access to the alternate recovery email, you may answer the security question to recover your email account. Follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the login page, provide the required information and checkmark with the given box.
- Once done, click on the Continue button.
- Thereafter, you need to select the “Security Question” as your option for account recovery.
- Now answer the security question with the answer you have entered when setting up this option.
- Hit the Continue button to proceed further.
- Once your answer is verified, you will be redirected to a page where you can reset your password.
- Choose a strong password, re-enter it to confirm and then click Continue to end the procedure.
- Following these steps carefully, you will get a confirmation message which reads – “Your password has been reset successfully.
In case you are experiencing suspicious activities in your SBCGlobal email but can log into your email with your current password, change your password as soon as possible. It will log your account out from the device that is being used to exploit your account for the wrong purposes.
A hacked SBCGlobal email account is a severe issue since your data security is at risk, and all your sensitive information can be compromised. You must call the SBCGlobal helpline number whenever you see any suspicious activity on your email account. customer service experts are available 24*7 round the clock to help you recover your SBCGlobal email account and protect your data from hackers.