How to Fix SBCGlobal Email not Working with MS Outlook?
SBC Communications developed its web-based email service, and you can use the domain name ‘@sbcglobal.net’ to access your accounts. The exciting fact about SBCGlobal email is that you can use it with various third-party email services such as Outlook. However, if you wish to access your SBCGlobal email using Outlook, you need to set up your account first and sync it with Outlook. This blog will help you know the server settings required for configuring SBCGlobal email and what you should do when your SBCGlobal email is not working with Outlook. If you know the solutions that can fix this issue, you can read this blog or call the SBCGlobal att support number to ask for assistance from the email experts.
Manually Set Up your SBCGlobal Email with Outlook
The main reason why SBCGlobal Email stopped working with Outlook is that your email account was not configured correctly. Follow the below instructions to enter the required server settings for setting up SBCGlobal:
- Open MS Outlook, and click on ‘File,’ > ‘Add Account’ > ‘Manual setup or additional server types’
- Here, you need to choose IMAP.
- And then enter the display name and your SBCGlobal email Id.
- Now you can type the IMAP server settings.
Settings for IMAP Server:
- Inbound server: mail.att.net
- Outbound server: mail.att.net
- Inbound port: 993
- Outbound port: 465 or 587
- SSL: Yes
Settings for POP3 Server:
- Inbound server: att.net
- Outbound server: outbound.att.net
- Inbound port: 995
- Outbound port: 465
- SSL: Yes
Ensure you have checked the option of ‘Remember password’ and ‘Require login using Secure Password Authentication’.
Open Outlook in the Safe Mode
If your SBCGlobal email is still not working, then there is an error with your Outlook settings. Add-ons may be causing the problem for your Outlook and are preventing you from accessing your SBCGlobal email. To fix it you can open Outlook in the Safe Mode by following below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start menu of your Windows and then click ‘Run.’
- Enter “Outlook/safe” in the space given and click the ‘Ok’ button.
- You need to accept the default setting of the Outlook and then continue.
- You must type your correct Outlook credentials and choose ‘Accept.’
If your SBCGlobal email is working in Safe Mode, then the problem is with your add-ons setting, and you need to change it to fix the problem. You are free to reach out to professional; technicians by calling SBCGlobal technical support phone number to avail their assistance in making necessary changes to Outlook settings.