Southwestern Bell Global Mail (SBCGlobal) has now emerged as one of the best email service providers in the states. SBCGlobal Mail services provide an “All-in-one” platform for email users where they can perform mailing, send or receive important documents, and various actions, which are basic and mandatory to be available within every email service. Analysing the behaviour of email users today, the majority of people prefer to access their emails through an Email client, which provides an easy interface for the users where they can access all mailing features at once. One of the major email clients that even is preferred by the majority of SBCGlobal Email Not Working with MS Outlook.
However, sometimes SBCGlobal Mail users encounter various problems while using MS Outlook for which they need assistance to resolve them. Thus here we are going to provide all the possible errors which occur while using SBCGlobal Mail in Outlook, along with basic troubleshooting methods. Read the article to learn more about common issues in MS Outlook and how to resolve them.
Common Issues Encountered by Users in Outlook with their SBCGlobal Email Account
SBCGlobal email users faces various issues which can easily be troubleshot by the users themselves. Some of the common issues with the SBCGlobal account in MS Outlook are listed below:
- Incorrect SBCGlobal Mail Configuration settings.
- Issues while settings up an Email profile in MS Outlook.
- Any Antivirus or other third party restricts the MS Outlook applications in the system.
- You do not have a stable internet connection while using an SBCGlobal account in MS Outlook.
What to do when SBCGlobal Email is not working in MS Outlook
In case you are unable to use the SBCGlobal Email account in MS Outlook, then you need to take the following measures:
Reconfigure the SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook with Correct Mail Server Settings
This is one of the most common causes of why the SBCGlobal account is not working in MS Outlook or any other email client or device. The majority of email users make this common when in which they type the incorrect mail server settings. To reconfigure your SBCGlobal, you need to remove your account from MS Outlook, for which the steps are given below:
- To add an SBCGlobal account, first open Outlook, click on File, and select “Account Settings.”
- From the drop-down menu, select Manage Profile. A Dialog box will appear from which you need to select “Show Profiles.”
- Select the SBCGlobal account and then click on “Remove.”
Now Follow the Given Steps to Add an SBCGlobal Account in Outlook
In Outlook, select the File option and click on “Add Account.”
Provide your SBCGlobal mail address, and then click on “Connect.”
Now, you need to select the Manual Setup and then provide the following information.
- User Name
- Email Address
- Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Hostname: imap.mail.att.net (for IMAP), Inbound.att.net (for POP3)
- Server Port Number: 993 (for IMAP), 995 (for POP3)
- SSL Encryption: Yes
- Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- Server Port Number: 465
- SSL Encryption: Yes
- Now, click on more settings, and under Outgoing Server info, check mark on the given options:
- Now, click on OK and then Finish
Temporarily Disable the Antivirus in your System
In case the Antivirus is not compatible with the MS Outlook Email, then it needs to be disabled while accessing SBCGlobal mail on Outlook. For that, follow the given steps:
- Press “Window+I,” which will open the settings, and from there, select “Privacy and Security.” Now there, you can find the option “Windows Security.” Click on it.
- Now, click on the option “Virus and Threat Protection,” on which a new dialog box window will appear on the screen.
- There, you can find the option to disable the Antivirus protection for your system. Click on it.
- After that, try to run MS Outlook.
Run MS Outlook in Safe Mode
Another option you can try is to run MS Outlook in safe mode to run any Email. For that, open the run prompt, and there, type “Outlook.exe /safe.” After that, press enter, which will automatically switch the Outlook application to run in safe mode.
In case the given command does not work, you need to provide the full path of the Outlook application which is given below: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX(Version Number)/safe.
Prefer Google DNS
Google Domain Name System is offered by Google with an aim to provide fast and secure internet. Switching to Google DNS can be considered as an option while using MS Outlook as, due to various security issues, it is unable to work properly. Follow the given steps in order to use Google DNS:
- Open Control Panel and select the following options one by one:
Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center/Change Adaptor Settings
- Choose the network/connection on which you need to set up Google DNS. Now to need to open the network properties in order to change the IP Address.
- In the Networking Tab, select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties.
- There, you can find the option “ Use following DNS Server Addresses” and make the following changes:
- Preferred: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate: 188.8.131.52
- After that, click OK and try to open SBCGlobal Account in MS Outlook.
On an Ending Note
From the above discussion, we have provided all the possible issues which you face while using SBCGlobal Mail in MS Outlook, along with their resolutions. In case you need any further information on any issues not only with SBCGlobal but any other email service, then connect with us at the given number. You can also use the live chat option where you can submit your query, to which we will reply in the minimum time possible, along with the required solution.