Want to use SBCGlobal through Gmail? Well, that is a very easy process, and all you need to learn is how to forward SBCGlobal Email to Gmail. The primary need to transfer Emails SBCGlobal to Gmail is that the majority of internet users have a Gmail account, while SBCGlobal is a professional mail. Thus, users need a single platform where they can easily read their personal and professional mails all in one place. Here we will tell you can Set up SBCGlobal Email Account in Gmail with all other relevant that users need to know while doing the process. SBCGlobal is a professional mail service provided by AT&T and Yahoo jointly, whose user-base is strictly professional. Read the article to know more about SBCGlobal mail.
Why Should I Sync SBCGlobal Email in Gmail
The primary reason to merge SBCGlobal mail in Gmail, as mentioned above, is the user ease that they do not need to open multiple apps to check their mail. Through Gmail, they can easily check all their emails in one place.
Another reason to forward SBCGlobal email to Gmail is the compatibility of Gmail with its users and mail service providers.
Setup SBCGlobal Email in Gmail (Using POP 3 Settings)
In order to sync SBCGlobal Email in Gmail, you need to follow the given steps:
- Login to your Gmail account and click on the cog icon to open settings.
- Under settings, select the “account and import” tab and look out for the option “check mail from other accounts”.
- Select “Add a mail account.”
- A window will appear where you need to enter your SBCGlobal mail and click “Next.”
- Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3),” where you need to enter your SBCGlobal mail address again, and after that, click “Next.”
- A new window will appear titled “Add a mail account you own,” where you need to enter your username and password. Under username, enter SBCGlobal mail and write password.
- After that, you need to provide POP3 settings which are listed below:
- POP server: inbound.att.net
- Inbound port: 995
- Be sure to mark the check box named “Always Use a Secure Connection (SSL),” and after that, click on “Add Account.”
The above-mentioned process till now is for only receiving emails. After that, you will be asked whether with the option to send emails from SBCGlobal emails using Gmail. Click on Yes, and after that, you need to enter the following settings listed below:
- POP server: outbound.att.net
- Outbound Port: 465
Configuring the SBCGlobal.net IMAP Setting in Gmail
If you wish to configure IMAP settings in Gmail, follow the given steps:
- Open your Gmail account and tap on the setting option.
- Under the settings, select “Forwarding & POP/IMAP”. There under the IMAP access, select the “Enable IMAP.”
- Now “Account and Import” tab, select the SBCGlobal account and add the following IMAP settings:
- Incoming mail server
- Inbound Server: “imap.mail.att.net”
- Port number: 993
- Outgoing mail server
- Outbound Server: smtp.mail.att.net”
- Port numbers: 465 & 587
- Now choose “Test Account setting” to check that you are sending and receiving emails.
- Press “Next” and “Finish”
Common Problems Encountered While Transferring SBCGlobal Account in Gmail
While you might not face any major problems, however, there can be some minor issues when you setup SBCGlobal email in Gmail. Some of these minor problems are listed below:
Incorrect SBCGlobal Server and Port Settings:
This error occurs because you might have typed the wrong Server and port setting when you sync SBCGlobal Email in Gmail. To avoid this error, you need to cross-check when you fill in POP and IMAP server settings.
POP3 Settings Blocked by Antivirus:
You need to temporarily disable your antivirus when you forward SBCGlobal email to Gmail. Once you have finished setting up an account in Gmail, you can enable the antivirus again.
Check out any Suspicious Mail:
With now your SBCGlobal mail merged with Gmail, there might be a chance of your mail Id being shared with other places. In that case, you will be receiving spam or other suspicious mail. Thus you need to check out for unusual attachments and not to signup for any subscription list. All these things can lead to your account getting compromised.
How to Remove SBCGlobal Mail From Gmail:
In case you wish to remove your SBCGlobal account from your Gmail, you can follow the given steps:
Login to Gmail and open settings.
Under setting, choose the tab “account and import.”
Select your SBCGlobal email account and click delete.
From the discussion above, we can conclude that now you can easily merge your SBCGlobal account with Gmail. While doing this process, you need to keep in mind some technical things like POP3 and IMAP settings. Apart from that, all you need to do is to follow the basic procedure. Still, if you are having trouble and are unable to use SBCGlobal email login, you can contact our technical team, who are available to assist you 24/7 and revert to your query ASAP with the solution to your problem.