SBCGlobal is among the top email service providers for working professionals in the states. Owned by the AT&T corporation, the mail service provides all the basic necessities for the user, which they need to have in order to automate their formal communication. One other feature which is remarkable while using an SBCGlobal account is the secure mail from any hacker, intruder, or other online threat. However, no matter how secure your account is, hackers always find a way to retrieve information. Thus it is necessary for you to take every security measure to prevent your account from getting compromised. One such feature is setup SBCGlobal two-step verification.
Here we are going to discuss how you can set up 2-step verification to prevent suspicious login activity on your SBCGlobal mail. A 2-step verification is a simple measure where every time you log in from a different device, a verification will be sent to you in order to authenticate your identity. Read the article further to know more about how to setup 2 step verification on SBCGlobal.
What are the Benefits to Setup SBCGlobal Two-Step Verification on your Account
there is a mandatory requirement to use 2-step verification for the SBCGlobal account. Some of the reasons which might convince the user for 2-step verification are listed below:
- Any hacker or unauthorized user will not be able to access your SBCGlobal mail.
- Email accounts contain your personal information, which might be linked to your financial assets. Thus it is important to take every security measure to keep your account safe.
- Through 2-step verification, you can trace any suspicious login activity on your account.
How Can I Setup SBCGlobal Two-Step Verification on SBCGlobal Mail
The process to enable 2-step verification on your SBCGlobal account is very easy and simple. All you need to have is the current password and the registered mobile number. Follow the given steps to setup 2-step verification on your SBCGlobal account:
- Visit the official page of SBCGlobal, and there log in with your email credentials.
- Open the Account info page, and there, navigate to the Sign-in and Security section.
- Locate the 2-step verification option and toggle the switch in order to enable it.
- Now, you need to have your registered mobile number, which is a mandatory requirement to utilize the 2-step authentication. In case you do not have a registered number in your mail, then you need to add it.
- Once you have added your mobile number, click on the “Send SMS” option.
- Afterward, enter the code received on your mobile number and select the “Verify” option.
Now the 2-step verification has been enabled on your SBCGlobal account. With this, every time you log in from a new device, a verification code will be sent to the added mobile number to authenticate the login activity.
Other Options to Keep your SBCGlobal Account Secure
Although 2-step verification can be the best possible way to keep your account secure, it is not enough. Other security measures need to be taken in order to keep your SBCGlobal account safe. These methods include a secure mail key and O Auth. Both of the security measures are discussed below:
- Secure Mail Key: A secure mail key is a verification code or password which can be opted to use instead of a password when you reconfigure your account on any other device.
- OAuth: It is an acronym for Open Authentication, which is a standard protocol for internet users. Through this, internet users can share their information or grant access to other websites without actually providing them with their passwords.
How to Create a Secure Mail Key for Your SBCGlobal Email Account
Users with an SBCGlobal account can create a secure mail key through their AT&T profile, for which the steps are listed below:
- Sign in to your AT&T profile, and there go to the “linked account” section.
- Now, select the SBCGlobal mail account for which you need to generate a secure mail key.
- Click on Secure Mail Key and then Manage Secure mail key.
- Now, choose “Add Secure Mail Key” and then “Create Secure Mail Key.” Copy the secure Mail key generated in the browser.
- Now, go to the device on which you need to configure your SBCGlobal mail account. There, instead of a password, use the secure mail key.
Access your SBCGlobal OAuth-compatible Email Application.
The Open Authentication protocol encrypts your username and password in order to protect them from hackers and other fraudsters. Thus it is advisable to use SBCGlobal mail in OAuth using email apps only. Various application and program which uses OAuth are listed below:
- Apple Mail
- Outlook Mobile (Android and iPhone)
- Yahoo Mail App (Android and iPhone)
- Windows Mail
Non Compatible Email Apps with OAuth are the following:
- Outlook (2019, 2016, 2013, 2010)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Windows Mail on Windows 8 or older version
- Mac Mail/Apple Mail running on Mac 10.10 or older version
From the discussion above, we hope that now you can easily setup 2-step verification on SBCGlobal Mail. Along with that, we have provided information on other security measures in order to keep your SBCGlobal account safe. However, if you still need any further support, then you can connect with us through the number given below. Also, you can just click on the “Help” option to use the live chat option. Let us know if you have any issues, and we will provide you with the best solution in the minimum time.